• Presented to an individual, group, or organization who have contributed to assisting with the implementation of the board's mission statement:
"Development of a comprehensive, coordinated water management plan for the Devils Lake Basin that will protect the economic and biological values of the Devils Lake Basin while providing optimum benefits for agriculture, wildlife and fisheries, recreation, and economic development for its citizens.
• May be nominated by any individual, organization or governmental body from any of the eight counties, Spirit Lake Nation or Turtle Mountain Reservations that comprise the Devils Lake Basin.
• Nominees must have demonstrated a commitment to improving the quality of life for the Devils Lake Basin community through their efforts to improve land and water stewardship in the basin.
• Applications may be obtained from any joint board member or the Joint Basin office by October 26nd, 2015. Click here for an Award Nomination Form.
• Recipient(s) of the annual water stewardhip award will be announced at the Awards Banquet during the Annual Water Conference on December 10th, 2015 at the Ramkota Hotel in Bismarck, ND.
For more information, contact the Joint Basin office at 701-662-7076.